Details and Options
- TriangulateMesh is also known as triangulation, tetrahedralization, simplicial decomposition, and mesh generation.
- TriangulateMesh generates a MeshRegion consisting of line cells in 1D, triangles in 2D, and tetrahedra in 3D.
- For high-quality triangulation, constrained Delaunay triangulation is typically used.
- TriangulateMesh[mr] with a MeshRegion mr effectively uses TriangulateMesh[BoundaryMesh[mr]] to re-triangulate the mesh region mr.
- TriangulateMesh has the same options as MeshRegion, with the following additions and changes:
MaxCellMeasure Automatic maximum cell measure MeshQualityGoal Automatic quality goal for mesh cells MeshRefinementFunction None function that returns True if a mesh cell needs refinement PerformanceGoal $PerformanceGoal whether to consider speed or quality
- With MeshRefinementFunction->f, the function f[vlist,m] is applied to each simplex created, where vlist is a list of the vertices and m is the measure. If f[vlist,m] returns True, the simplex will be refined.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Triangulate a BoundaryMeshRegion in 1D:
Triangulate a BoundaryMeshRegion in 2D:
Triangulate a BoundaryMeshRegion in 3D:
Properties & Relations (4)
Introduced in 2014
(10.0)| Updated in 2015