gives the most recent measurement for wind direction near the current location.
gives the wind direction value for the specified time near the current location.
gives the most recent measurement for wind direction near the specified location.
gives the value or values for the specified date and location.
gives values for all specified locations on the specified dates.
- WindDirectionData gives current and historical wind direction data for all standard weather stations worldwide.
- WindDirectionData makes use of $GeoLocation and $TimeZone to determine your location and time zone. It returns the most recent measurement of wind direction for the nearest high-reliability weather station to the location specified by $GeoLocation.
- The location can be specified as an ICAO code such as , a WMO code such as , an NCDC ID such as , an amateur weather station code such as , or another standardized weather station identifier.
- The location can also be specified by latitude/longitude pairs, assuming degrees as units, a GeoPosition specification, or Entity objects, assuming they represent objects with geographic coordinates. They can also be GeoGraphics primitives such as GeoDisk, or a city specification of the type used in CityData. WindDirectionData gives measurements for the nearest high-reliability weather station to the location.
- locationspec can be either individual locations or lists of them.
- datespec can be specified as a date list, a string in DateString format, or as a DateObject.
- WindDirectionData[locationspec,datespec] by default takes datespec to be given in UTC and uses UTC for all output times.
- When specific times are given, an interpolated result for that time is returned. datespec specifications for a day or longer period return the interval of wind direction measurements.
- datespec can be specified as for compatibility with DateRange specifications. step can be All, , , , or . All gives all recorded observations. If omitted, step is assumed to have the value All.
- Location and date can also be specified together as Association["Location"->locationspec,"Date"datespec].
- WindDirectionData[locationspec,datespec,func] is used to specify the format of output when locations are specified.
- Possible settings for func include:
All return all values for extended locations and times Automatic return intervals for extended locations and indeterminate times Interval return intervals for extended locations and times Max return maximum values for extended locations and times Mean return mean value for extended locations and times Min return minumum values for extended locations and times StandardDeviation return standard deviation for extended locations and times "Stations" return all values along with their source weather station
- Wind direction is returned in degrees as measured clockwise from the north.
- The following options are available:
TimeZone $TimeZone time zone used for date specification UnitSystem $UnitSystem units system for returned results
- The following settings for TimeZone can be used:
0 UTC $TimeZone the current time zone for your computer system z offset z for UTC
- The following settings for UnitSystem can be used:
"Imperial" return results in imperial units "Metric" return results in metric units
- WindDirectionData[locationspec,"property"] returns the specified weather station property for the location corresponding to locationspec.
- Properties related to identifying weather stations include:
"Coordinates" weather station coordinates as a GeoPosition "Memberships" WMO, NCDC, and CWOP reporting network membership "NearestStation" the nearest weather station "StationDistance" distance in km between specified location and station given "StationName" weather station name
- WindDirectionData can retrieve observational wind direction data from meteorological stations throughout the world.