gives the most recent measurement for air temperature near the current location.
gives the air temperature value for the specified time near the current location.
gives the most recent measurement for air temperature near the specified location.
gives the value or values for the specified date and location.
gives values for all specified locations on the specified dates.
- AirTemperatureData gives current and historical air temperature data for all standard weather stations worldwide.
- AirTemperatureData makes use of $GeoLocation and $TimeZone to determine your location and time zone. It returns the most recent measurement of air temperature for the nearest high-reliability weather station to the location specified by $GeoLocation.
- The location can be specified as an ICAO code such as , a WMO code such as , an amateur weather station code such as , or another standardized weather station identifier.
- The location can also be specified by latitude/longitude pairs, assuming degrees as units, a GeoPosition specification, or Entity objects, assuming they represent objects with geographic coordinates. They can also be GeoGraphics primitives such as GeoDisk, or a city specification of the type used in CityData. AirTemperatureData gives results for the nearest high-reliability weather station to the location.
- locationspec can be either individual locations or lists of them.
- datespec can be specified as a date list, a string in DateString format, or as a DateObject.
- AirTemperatureData[locationspec,datespec] by default takes datespec to be given in local time and uses UTC for all output times.
- When specific times are given, an interpolated result for that time is returned. datespec specifications for a day or longer period return the interval of air temperature measurements.
- datespec can be specified as for compatibility with DateRange specifications. step can be All, , , , or . All gives all recorded observations. If omitted, step is assumed to have the value All.
- Location and date can also be specified together as Association["Location"->locationspec,"Date"datespec].
- AirTemperatureData[locationspec,datespec,func] is used to specify the format of output when locations are specified.
- Possible settings for func include:
All return all values for extended locations and times Automatic return intervals for extended locations and indeterminate times Interval return intervals for extended locations and times Max return maximum values for extended locations and times Mean return mean value for extended locations and times Min return minumum values for extended locations and times StandardDeviation return standard deviation for extended locations and times "Stations" return all values along with their source weather station
- Temperature is returned as a Quantity in either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- The option UnitSystem controls output units. The default value is set by $UnitSystem. The following settings can also be used:
"Imperial" return results in imperial units "Metric" return results in metric units
- AirTemperatureData[locationspec,"property"] returns the specified weather station property for the location corresponding to locationspec.
- Properties related to identifying weather stations include:
"Coordinates" weather station coordinates as a GeoPosition "Memberships" WMO, NCDC, and CWOP reporting network membership "NearestStation" the nearest weather station "StationDistance" distance in km between specified location and station given "StationName" weather station name
- AirTemperatureData can retrieve observational air temperature data from meteorological stations throughout the world.