gives the greatest integer less than or equal to x.
gives the greatest multiple of a less than or equal to x.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Floor[x] can be entered in StandardForm and InputForm as x, EsclfEsc EscrfEsc, or
- Floor[x] returns an integer when is any numeric quantity, whether or not it is an explicit number. »
- For exact numeric quantities, Floor internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision.
- Floor applies separately to real and imaginary parts of complex numbers.
- Floor automatically threads over lists.
New in 1 | Last modified in 6