- In a numerical list Ordering[list, n] gives the positions of the n smallest elements. Ordering[list, -n] gives the positions of the n largest elements.
- If there are several smallest elements in list, Ordering[list, 1] will give only the position of the one that appears first.
- is the same as Sort[list].
- Ordering[list, seq] is equivalent to Take[Ordering[list], seq].
- Ordering[list, All, p] gives the position at which all elements of list appear in Sort[list, p].
- Ordering can be used on expressions with any head, not only List.
New in 4.1