gives the tangent of .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- The argument of Tan is assumed to be in radians. (Multiply by Degree to convert from degrees.)
- Sin[z]/Cos[z] is automatically converted to Tan[z]. TrigFactorList[expr] does decomposition.
- Tan is automatically evaluated when its argument is a simple rational multiple of ; for more complicated rational multiples, FunctionExpand can sometimes be used.
- For certain special arguments, Tan automatically evaluates to exact values.
- Tan can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Tan automatically threads over lists.
New in 1 | Last modified in 4