As of Version 10, all the functionality of the GraphUtilities package is built into the Wolfram System. >>
gives a maximal independent edge set of an undirected graph g.
- MaximalIndependentEdgeSet functionality is now available in the built-in Wolfram Language function FindIndependentEdgeSet.
- To use MaximalIndependentEdgeSet, you first need to load the Graph Utilities Package using Needs["GraphUtilities`"].
- MaximalIndependentEdgeSet gives an approximate maximal set of pairwise nonadjacent edges of g.
- A maximal independent edge set of a graph is also called a maximal matching.
- The following option can be given:
Weighted False whether edges with higher weights are preferred when forming the maximal independent edge set
Basic Examples (2)
MaximalIndependentEdgeSet has been superseded by FindIndependentEdgeSet: