gives the position of the element with the maximum absolute value in a vector x.
- To use IAMAX, you first need to load the BLAS Package using Needs["LinearAlgebra`BLAS`"].
- The following argument must be given:
x input expression vector
- For complex vectors x, IAMAX locates the element with the greatest sum of absolute values of the real and imaginary parts.
- If x contains non-numeric elements, then IAMAX[x] always returns $Failed.
- For duplicate entries the first position found is returned.