- CellEvaluationFunction is used for all ordinary kernel evaluations, as initiated, for example, by or Evaluate in Place.
- It is not used for evaluations associated with Dynamic objects.
- In a StandardForm or TraditionalForm cell, CellEvaluationFunction is applied to the BoxData expression representing the input to be evaluated.
- In an InputForm cell, it is applied to the string corresponding to the input to be evaluated.
- With CellEvaluationFunction->f and $PreRead=g, the object processed by the kernel will be g[f[data]].
- The default setting is CellEvaluationFunction->Identity.
Basic Examples (1)
Introduced in 2007