- DerivedKey is an object containing a secure key, which can be used in place of a plain-text password.
- DerivedKey contains all the information necessary to verify the password used to generate the key.
- In DerivedKey[assoc], the association assoc contains the following:
"Function" key derivation function used "Parameters" arguments of the key derivation function "DerivedKey" derived key "Salt" salt used to derive the key
- The value of "Parameters" is an Association that contains "KeySize" and parameters specific to the key derivation function used.
- DerivedKey[assoc]["prop"] gives the specified element of assoc; it is equivalent to assoc["prop"].
- DerivedKey[assoc]["PHCString"] gives a string representation of the derived key.
- DerivedKey[assoc]["KeySize"] gives the size of the key in bits.
- DerivedKey[assoc]["Properties"] gives a list of available properties.
Basic Examples (7)
Introduced in 2019
|Updated in 2020