represents a derived key generated by GenerateDerivedKey.
- DerivedKey is an object containing a secure key, which can be used in place of a plain-text password.
- DerivedKey contains all the information necessary to verify the password used to generate the key.
- In DerivedKey[assoc], the association assoc contains the following:
"Function" key derivation function used "FunctionParameters" arguments of the key derivation function "DerivedKey" derived key "Salt" salt used to derive the key
- The value of "FunctionParameters" is an Association that contains "KeySize" and parameters specific to the key derivation function used.
- DerivedKey[assoc]["prop"] gives the specified element of assoc; it is equivalent to assoc["prop"].
- DerivedKey[assoc]["PHCString"] gives a string representation of the derived key.
- DerivedKey[assoc]["KeySize"] gives the size of the key in bits.
- DerivedKey[assoc]["Parameters"] gives all the information contained in the object, as an association.
- DerivedKey[assoc]["Properties"] gives a list of available properties.
Basic Examples (7)
Extract the derived sequence of bytes:
Extract the name of the key derivation function used:
Extract key derivation function parameters:
Obtain derived key as a hex string:
Verify password using DerivedKey:
Verify password using hex string representation of DerivedKey:
Wolfram Research (2019), DerivedKey, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DerivedKey.html (updated 2020).
Wolfram Language. 2019. "DerivedKey." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2020. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DerivedKey.html.
Wolfram Language. (2019). DerivedKey. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DerivedKey.html