represents a digital signature object.
- Digital signature is used for verifying the authenticity of a message and is dependent on both the data being signed and the private key.
- Digital signatures can be created with GenerateDigitalSignature and GenerateFileSignature.
- DigitalSignature[…]["prop"] yields properties of the digital signature.
- The signing algorithm type is indicated by the "Type" property of the signature. Possible types include "RSA" and "EllipticCurve".
- Additional properties for "RSA" include:
"HashingMethod" hashing method "HashName" hash name used in padding "Padding" padding scheme "Signature" digital signature
- Additional properties for "EllipticCurve" include:
"CurveName" elliptic curve used for calculating digital signature "HashingMethod" hashing method "SignatureType" mode of digital signature generation "R" r, first element of digital signature pair "S" s, second element of digital signature pair
- For a Bitcoin blockchain digital signature, additional properties include:
"DER" digital signature in DER format
- For Ethereum-based blockchain digital signatures, additional properties include:
"RecoveryParameter" recovery parameter used for public key recovery
- DigitalSignature[…]["Parameters"] gives all the information contained in the object, as an association.
- DigitalSignature[…]["Properties"] gives a list of available properties.
- The DigitalSignature of an expr may be verified by using VerifyDigitalSignature.
- The DigitalSignature of a file may be verified by using VerifyFileSignature.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Wolfram Research (2019), DigitalSignature, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DigitalSignature.html (updated 2020).
Wolfram Language. 2019. "DigitalSignature." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2020. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DigitalSignature.html.
Wolfram Language. (2019). DigitalSignature. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DigitalSignature.html