represents the public part of a key pair for a public-key cryptographic system.
- PublicKey objects can be used with functions such as Encrypt, Decrypt and VerifyDigitalSignature.
- Data encrypted with a particular PublicKey object must be decrypted with a corresponding PrivateKey object.
- Corresponding pairs of PrivateKey and PublicKey objects can be generated with GenerateAsymmetricKeyPair.
- PublicKey[…]["prop"] can be used to extract properties of the public key.
- Basic properties for PublicKey include:
"Type" type of cryptography "PublicByteArray" public key as a byte array "PublicHexString" public key as a hex string "PublicKeySize" size of public key in bits
- Possible types of cryptography include "RSA" and "EllipticCurve".
- Additional properties for "RSA" include:
"PublicExponent" public exponent "PublicModulus" public modulus "Padding" padding mode
- Additional properties for "EllipticCurve" include:
"EllipticCurve" name of elliptic curve (e.g. "sec256k1") "PublicCurvePoint" public curve point "Compressed" whether the public key is in compressed form
- PublicKey[…]["Properties"] gives a list of available properties.
Basic Examples (2)
Introduced in 2015Updated in 2019