distributes all definitions for the symbols si to all parallel kernels.
distributes definitions for all symbols in the specified context.
Details and Options
- DistributeDefinitions in effect applies ParallelEvaluate to all assignments for values and attributes with the symbols si, including not only ownvalues but also downvalues, upvalues, and other types of values.
- DistributeDefinitions applies itself recursively to any symbols appearing in the definitions of the symbols si.
- DistributeDefinitions has attribute HoldAll.
- DistributeDefinitions in effect "registers" the definitions for the symbols si so that they are automatically distributed to every new parallel kernel that may be launched.
- DistributeDefinitions[expr] for an arbitrary expression expr distributes definitions for all symbols appearing in expr.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (2)
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Properties & Relations (6)
Possible Issues (4)
Neat Examples (1)
Introduced in 2008Updated in 2010