- The list of entity stores whose contents have been registered is given by EntityStores.
- Entity["type","name"] is interpreted as an entity from the first entity store in EntityStores[ ] that contains "type".
- Entity types that appear in EntityStores are considered before built-in entity types.
- During assignments Entity["type","name"][property]=value, data is stored in the first EntityStore in EntityStores that contains "type". If no EntityStore in EntityStores contains "type", a new EntityStore is registered.
- EntityRegister[…] returns the list of entity types that it has registered.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Register an SQL-based EntityStore:
Now the entity Entity["t2","f"] refers to the entity in the newly registered store:
Possible Issues (1)
When this happens, EntityStore will emit a message. This means that some functionality involving single entities will be disabled:
But EntityValue will generally keep working:
Wolfram Research (2018), EntityRegister, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EntityRegister.html.
Wolfram Language. 2018. "EntityRegister." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EntityRegister.html.
Wolfram Language. (2018). EntityRegister. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EntityRegister.html