searches for available devices on your computer system.
gives a list of devices in classes whose names match the string pattern form.
gives a list of devices in classes whose names match any of the formi.
returns at most n devices.
Details and Options
- FindDevices returns a DeviceObject for each device it discovers.
- FindDevices does not typically open the devices it discovers.
- The string pattern patt can be given as literal strings, StringExpression string patterns, RegularExpression objects, or abbreviated string patterns.
- FindDevices can only discover devices for which a device framework driver is provided.
- Not all devices are automatically discoverable.
Examplesopen allclose all
FindDevices is case sensitive by default:
Use the IgnoreCase option for case insensitive search:
Properties & Relations (1)
Some devices, including serial devices, are not automatically discoverable:
Once otherwise undiscoverable devices are opened, both Devices and FindDevices list them:
Wolfram Research (2014), FindDevices, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindDevices.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "FindDevices." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindDevices.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). FindDevices. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindDevices.html