gives a string consisting of the character with integer code n.
gives a string consisting of the sequence of characters with codes ni.
gives a list of strings.
uses the specified character encoding.
- The integer n must lie between 0 and 1114112, as returned by ToCharacterCode.
- FromCharacterCode["string"] is equivalent to FromCharacterCode["string","Unicode"], which converts integer code points in the Unicode standard to the corresponding character.
- For n between 0 and 127, FromCharacterCode returns ASCII characters.
- For n between 129 and 255, it returns ISO Latin‐1 characters.
- For other n, it returns characters specified by the standard Wolfram Language encoding based on Unicode.
- FullForm[FromCharacterCode[n]] gives the full name assigned to a special character with character code n.
- Whether a particular character generated by FromCharacterCode can be rendered on your output device will depend on what fonts and drivers you are using.
- Encodings supported in FromCharacterCode[…,"encoding"] include the values in $CharacterEncodings in addition to "Unicode".
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
FromCharacterCode reconstructs the original string:
Properties & Relations (4)
FromCharacterCode reproduces the list of strings:
Use FullForm to get the full name assigned to a special character:
The allowed values of the second argument are given by $CharacterEncodings: