represents a managed object.
- ManagedObject is returned by functions such as CreateManagedObject.
- Properties can be accessed with ManagedObject[…][prop].
- The following possible properties can be used:
"Active" True if the object is actively being managed "BaseValue" the base value "FreeingFunction" the freeing function "Value" the value
- Many functions that expect pointer objects will automatically unwrap managed expressions containing pointers.
- Only active managed objects evaluate the freeing function when they are no longer referenced.
- Managed objects can be inactivated with UnmanageObject.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Get Information about the object:
Properties & Relations (3)
To stop managing the object, use UnmanageObject:
The ManagedObject is no longer active:
The freeing function is RawMemoryFree:
Wolfram Research (2023), ManagedObject, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ManagedObject.html.
Wolfram Language. 2023. "ManagedObject." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ManagedObject.html.
Wolfram Language. (2023). ManagedObject. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ManagedObject.html