gives the characteristic value for odd Mathieu functions with characteristic exponent r and parameter q.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- The characteristic value gives the value of the parameter in for which the solution has the form where is an odd function of with period .
- When r is not a real integer, MathieuCharacteristicB gives the same results as MathieuCharacteristicA.
- For certain special arguments, MathieuCharacteristicB automatically evaluates to exact values.
- MathieuCharacteristicB can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- MathieuCharacteristicB automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Numerical Evaluation (4)
Specific Values (2)
Find the positive maximum of MathieuCharacteristicB[3,q]:
As a function of the first argument, MathieuCharacteristicB is a piecewise continuous function (called bands and band gaps in solid-state physics):
Possible Issues (1)
There is no zero-order MathieuCharacteristicB: