gives the characteristic value for odd Mathieu functions with characteristic exponent r and parameter q.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- The characteristic value gives the value of the parameter in for which the solution has the form where is an odd function of with period .
- When r is not a real integer, MathieuCharacteristicB gives the same results as MathieuCharacteristicA.
- For certain special arguments, MathieuCharacteristicB automatically evaluates to exact values.
- MathieuCharacteristicB can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- MathieuCharacteristicB automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1996