- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- MixedFractionParts[x] in effect separates the digits to the left and right of the decimal point.
- Total[MixedFractionParts[x]] is exactly x for numeric x.
- MixedFractionParts[x] yields a result when x is any numeric quantity, whether or not it is an explicit number.
- For exact numeric quantities, MixedFractionParts internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision.
- MixedFractionParts applies separately to real and imaginary parts of complex numbers.
- MixedFractionParts automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 2019