is a low-level representation of boxes to be shown with the specified option settings.
uses the option setting for the specified style in the current notebook.
- StyleBox is the low-level representation of Style. Except for low-level notebook expression manipulation, StyleBox should not need to be used directly.
- You can use any option that is documented to apply at the style level. This includes font options such as FontSize, FontWeight, FontSlant, FontFamily, FontColor, and Background in StyleBox.
- The following additional options can be given:
ShowContents True whether to make boxes visible or just leave space for them StripOnInput True whether to strip the FrameBox wrapper on evaluation
- In StandardForm and InputForm input, StyleBox is by default ignored, so that StyleBox[box,spec] is interpreted just as box would be.
- When StyleBox objects are nested, the options of the innermost one control the display of particular boxes.
- In StandardForm, explicit StyleBox objects are output literally. You can use DisplayForm to see the display form of such objects.
Basic Examples (4)
Use SpanMaxSize to allow braces to grow to the full size: