evaluates expr, then compares it with each of the formi in turn, evaluating and returning the valuei corresponding to the first match found.
- Only the valuei corresponding to the first formi that matches expr is evaluated. Each formi is evaluated only when the match is tried.
- If the last formi is the pattern _, then the corresponding valuei is always returned if this case is reached.
- If none of the formi match expr, the Switch is returned unevaluated.
- Switch has attribute HoldRest.
- You can use Break, Return, and Throw in Switch.
Introduced in 1988