"ComplexReal64" (Compiled Type)
represents a complex number with IEEE double‐precision real and imaginary parts atomic type specifier.
- "ComplexReal64" can be used in Typed and related constructs to specify a type.
- "Complex128" and "ComplexReal64" describe the same type.
- The real and imaginary values held by "ComplexReal64" range from -16^^.FFFFFFFFFFFFF8*^256 to 16^^.FFFFFFFFFFFFF8*^256.
- Suitably sized Complex expressions with real and imaginary parts that are Real can be converted into compiled elements with the type "ComplexReal64".
- Compiled elements with the type "ComplexReal64" can be converted into Complex expressions with Real real and imaginary parts.
- Integers and reals are automatically promoted to "ComplexReal64" elements when they are combined in binary arithmetic operations.
- "ComplexReal64" can give a runtime error if it is used in an operation that overflows.
Basic Examples (2)
"ComplexReal64" can be used as an input and output from a CompiledCodeFunction:
An overflow causes an error while running the function. The computation is terminated, a message is issued and the Wolfram Engine is used to compute the result: