GeneRelated Interpreter »
gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
gives the value of a specified property modified by qualifier rules quali->vali.
Sample Entity Classes
AlternateNames alternate names BiologicalProcesses biological processes names CellularComponents cellular components names Context context EntityClasses entity classes FullSequencePosition chromosome position GeneSymbol gene symbol Length gene length Locus locus MolecularFunctions molecular functions names Name name ProteinMolecularWeight protein molecular weight Proteins protein names ReferenceSequence reference sequence Species species name Strand strand
- "Gene" entities each represent a particular gene from a model organism, such as humans, fruit flies, yeast and rats.
- "Gene" entity classes correspond to gene families that share similarities in structure, function, cellular context and evolutionary history.
- Gene data only contains data that can be reliably linked to reference genomes provided by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), and therefore might not contain the latest research results. Gene data is only provided for some notable model organisms.
- Some properties are available for the "Gene" entity type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["Gene",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "SampleEntityClasses" a sample list of available entity classes (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyClasses" the list of available property classes "PropertyClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available property classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["Gene",property,annotation]:
"Source" source information for the property "Date" the date associated with the entity-property value (if any) "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values
- The following annotations can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Qualifiers" the list of possible qualifiers for the property "QualifierValues" the list of possible values that can be given to each qualifier "DefaultQualifierValues" the list of default values for the property's qualifiers "Description" a brief textual description of the property "Definition" a detailed textual definition of the property "PhysicalQuantity" the physical quantity associated with the entity-property value "Unit" the unit associated with the entity-property value
- A qualifier value of Automatic indicates that an applicable format of values can be used; e.g. for the "Date" qualifier, this includes a proper date or date span.
Basic Examples (3)
Use for entity discovery:
Find a property value for an entity:
Retrieve a dataset of all available properties for an entity: