LanguageRelated Interpreter »
Notable recognized languages around the world.
represents an entity of type "Language".
gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
gives the value of a specified property modified by qualifier rules quali->vali.
gives the value of a property associated with a particular date specification.
represents a class of entities with values of propi defined by speci.
Sample Entity Classes
Alphabet alphabet BasicCommunicationWords basic communication Classification classification Codes codes ColorNames colors CountryLanguageFractions native speakers fractions per country Dialects dialects EntityClasses entity classes KeyboardImage keyboard LargestCountry place with most speakers LetterFrequency character frequencies Letters characters LexicalSimilarity lexical similarity MonthNames months Name name NativePopulation total number of native speakers NativeSpeakers native speakers NonNativeTotalSpeakers total number of non-native speakers NumeralWords numerals OfficialSpeakingCountries official speaking countries PrimaryOrigin original location Pronouns pronouns RelativeCharacterCount typical translation length RootFamily root family Siblings siblings Speakers speakers TotalSpeakers total number of speakers UnicodeBlock Unicode blocks WikipediaArticleCount Wikipedia size WritingScripts writing scripts
- "Language" entities include natural languages from various cultures and historical periods, such as Sanskrit and Spanish, as well as constructed languages, such as Esperanto and Klingon.
- "Language" entity classes include collections of languages grouped by regional or historical usage.
- Most of the entities in "Language" are from the ISO 639-3.
- Some properties are available for the "Language" entity type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["Language",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "SampleEntityClasses" a sample list of available entity classes (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyClasses" the list of available property classes "PropertyClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available property classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["Language",property,annotation]:
"Source" source information for the property "Date" the date associated with the entity-property value (if any) "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values
- The following annotations can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Qualifiers" the list of possible qualifiers for the property "QualifierValues" the list of possible values that can be given to each qualifier "DefaultQualifierValues" the list of default values for the property's qualifiers "Description" a brief textual description of the property "Definition" a detailed textual definition of the property "PhysicalQuantity" the physical quantity associated with the entity-property value "Unit" the unit associated with the entity-property value
- A qualifier value of Automatic indicates that an applicable format of values can be used; e.g. for the "Date" qualifier, this includes a proper date or date span.