SolarSystemFeatureRelated Interpreter »
represents an entity of type "SolarSystemFeature".
gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
gives the value of a specified property modified by qualifier rules quali->vali.
gives the value of a property associated with a particular date specification.
represents a class of entities with values of propi defined by speci.
Sample Entity Classes
AstronomicalBody astronomical body AstronomicalBodyCoordinates astronomical body coordinates Classes classes Elevation elevation EndingLatitude ending latitude EndingLongitude ending longitude EntityClasses entity classes FeatureTypeDescription feature type GeoBoundingBox bounding box Name name Position coordinates Size size StartingLatitude starting latitude StartingLongitude starting longitude
- "SolarSystemFeature" entities include features found on solid solar system bodies recognized by the International Astronomical Union.
- "SolarSystemFeature" entity classes include groups based primarily on the host astronomical body and feature type, such as Moon craters, Mars dorsa, etc.
- Some properties are available for the "SolarSystemFeature" entity type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["SolarSystemFeature",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "SampleEntityClasses" a sample list of available entity classes (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyClasses" the list of available property classes "PropertyClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available property classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["SolarSystemFeature",property,annotation]:
"Source" source information for the property "Date" the date associated with the entity-property value (if any) "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values
- The following annotations can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Qualifiers" the list of possible qualifiers for the property "QualifierValues" the list of possible values that can be given to each qualifier "DefaultQualifierValues" the list of default values for the property's qualifiers "Description" a brief textual description of the property "Definition" a detailed textual definition of the property "PhysicalQuantity" the physical quantity associated with the entity-property value "Unit" the unit associated with the entity-property value
- A qualifier value of Automatic indicates that an applicable format of values can be used, e.g. for the "Date" qualifier; this includes a proper date or date span.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (5)
Entities can be combined with GeoGraphics to create maps:
"GeoBoundingBox" can be used to constrain the range of the map:
Highlight multiple features using GeoDisk:
DeepSpaceProbeData can be used along with features to plot the position of landers:
GeoListPlot can also be used to plot the position of features:
Store the coordinates/sizes of the lunar maria:
Plot the maria together with their names (as tooltips):
Entities can be combined with GeoGraphics to obtain topographic maps of the Moon:
SolarSystemFeatureData can be combined with GeoElevationData to create 3D regions of the Moon: