gives the continuous wavelet transform of a list of values .
gives the continuous wavelet transform using the wavelet wave.
gives the continuous wavelet transform using noct octaves with nvoc voices per octave.
gives the continuous wavelet transform of sampled sound.
- ContinuousWaveletTransform gives a ContinuousWaveletData object.
- Properties of the ContinuousWaveletData cwd can be found using cwd["prop"]. A list of available properties can found using cwd["Properties"].
- The resulting wavelet coefficients are arrays of the same dimensions as the input data.
- The possible wavelets wave include:
MorletWavelet[…] Morlet cosine times Gaussian GaborWavelet[…] complex Morlet wavelet DGaussianWavelet[…] derivative of Gaussian MexicanHatWavelet[…] second derivative of Gaussian PaulWavelet[…] Paul wavelet
- The default wave is MexicanHatWavelet.
- The default value for noct is given by , where is the length of the input. »
- The default value for nvoc is 4.
- The continuous wavelet transform of a function is given by .
- The continuous wavelet transform of a uniformly sampled sequence is given by .
- The scaling parameter is given by equal-tempered scale where is the octave number, the voice number, and the smallest wavelet scale.
- For each scale , the ContinuousWaveletTransform computes the wavelet coefficients .
- The following options can be given:
Padding None how to extend data beyond boundaries SampleRate Automatic samples per unit WaveletScale Automatic smallest resolvable scale WorkingPrecision MachinePrecision precision to use in internal computations
- Padding pads the input data to the next higher power of 2 to reduce boundary effects. The settings for Padding are the same as for the padding argument used in ArrayPad.
- InverseContinuousWaveletTransform gives the inverse transform.