represents the Dirac delta function .
represents the multidimensional Dirac delta function .
- DiracDelta[x] returns 0 for all real numeric x other than 0.
- DiracDelta can be used in integrals, integral transforms, and differential equations.
- Some transformations are done automatically when DiracDelta appears in a product of terms.
- DiracDelta[x1,x2,…] returns 0 if any of the xi are real numeric and not 0.
- DiracDelta has attribute Orderless.
- For exact numeric quantities, DiracDelta internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision.
Introduced in 1999