gives the azimuthal direction from one latitude-longitude position on the Earth to another.
gives the azimuthal direction between locations specified by position objects or geographic entities.
- GeoDirection[loc1,loc2] gives the angle relative to true north to get from loc1 to loc2 along a geodesic. Heights are ignored.
- The result is returned as a Quantity angle with "AngularDegrees" unit.
- Latitudes and longitudes can be given as numbers in degrees, as DMS strings, or as Quantity angles.
- Position objects in GeoDirection[loc1,loc2] can be given as GeoPosition, GeoPositionXYZ, GeoPositionENU, or GeoGridPosition objects.
- GeoDirection[loc1,loc2] by default uses the reference ellipsoid associated with the datum for loc1.
- GeoDirection and GeoDistance solve the geodetic inverse problem.