represents a geodesic displacement of length dist and initial bearing α from a geo location.
represents a displacement of length dist and initial bearing α along a path of type pathtype.
returns the displacement needed to reach from along a path of type pathtype.
- The distance dist can be given as a Quantity length or as a number in meters.
- The bearing α is measured clockwise from true north (geodetic north). It can be given as a Quantity angle, a number in degrees, a DMS string, or a named compass point like or .
- Locations in GeoDisplacement[loc1,loc2,pathtype] can be given as geographic Entity objects, pairs in degrees, GeoPosition objects, or any other geodetic position specification.
- GeoDisplacement[loc1,loc2] assumes a path of type .
- The list of possible path types is given in the documentation of GeoPath.
- GeoDisplacement can be used with GeoDestination to compute sequences of displacements and with GeoPath to draw them.