is the generalized hypergeometric function .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- has series expansion , where is the Pochhammer symbol.
- Hypergeometric0F1, Hypergeometric1F1, and Hypergeometric2F1 are special cases of HypergeometricPFQ.
- In many special cases, HypergeometricPFQ is automatically converted to other functions.
- For certain special arguments, HypergeometricPFQ automatically evaluates to exact values.
- HypergeometricPFQ can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- For , HypergeometricPFQ[alist,blist,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex plane running from to .
- FullSimplify and FunctionExpand include transformation rules for HypergeometricPFQ.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 1996
(3.0)| Updated in 1999