is the hypergeometric function .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- The function has the series expansion .
- For certain special arguments, Hypergeometric2F1 automatically evaluates to exact values.
- Hypergeometric2F1 can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Hypergeometric2F1 automatically threads over lists.
- Hypergeometric2F1[a,b,c,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex plane running from to .
- FullSimplify and FunctionExpand include transformation rules for Hypergeometric2F1.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Expand Hypergeometric2F1 in a Taylor series at the origin:
Generalizations & Extensions (2)
Properties & Relations (4)
Possible Issues (1)
Neat Examples (1)
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1999