is the confluent hypergeometric function .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- The function has the integral representation .
- HypergeometricU[a,b,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex plane running from to .
- For certain special arguments, HypergeometricU automatically evaluates to exact values.
- HypergeometricU can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- HypergeometricU automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 1988