- A matrix m is normal if m.ConjugateTranspose[m]ConjugateTranspose[m].m.
- NormalMatrixQ works for symbolic as well as numerical matrices.
- The following options can be given:
SameTest Automatic function to test equality of expressions Tolerance Automatic tolerance for approximate numbers
- For exact and symbolic matrices, the option SameTest->f indicates that two entries and are taken to be equal if gives True where and .
- For approximate matrices, the option Tolerance->t can be used to indicate that the norm satisfying is taken to be zero where is the infinity norm of the matrix m.
Introduced in 2014