Details and Options
- A p×q matrix m is orthogonal if p≥q and Transpose[m].m is the q×q identity matrix, or p≤q and m.Transpose[m] is the p×p identity matrix.
- OrthogonalMatrixQ works for symbolic as well as numerical matrices.
- The following options can be given:
Normalized True test if matrix rows are normalized SameTest Automatic function to test equality of expressions Tolerance Automatic tolerance for approximate numbers
- For exact and symbolic matrices, the option SameTest->f indicates that two entries aij and bij are taken to be equal if f[aij,bij] gives True.
- For approximate matrices, the option Tolerance->t can be used to indicate that the norm γ=m.mT-In∞ satisfying γ≤t is taken to be zero where In is the identity matrix.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2014