gives the current credential store.
- Credential stores are also called keychains or keyrings, depending on the operating system used. If possible, $SystemCredentialStore is set up to use the operating system's keychain.
- A credential store is represented as SystemCredentialStoreObject[…].
- A different credential store can be specified with $SystemCredentialStore=SystemCredentialStoreObject[<|"Backend""backend","Keyring""keyring"|>].
- $SystemCredentialStore is initialized to the default value when the system starts. If $DefaultSystemCredentialStore is set, it is used to initialize $SystemCredentialStore.
- Resetting $SystemCredentialStore will change the credential store used for the duration of the current session. It will not change the credential store that will be used when the system restarts.
- Values in the credential store can be accessed or added with SystemCredential["keyname"].
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2020