- AnimationTimeIndex runs from 0 to the duration of the animation, in seconds.
- AnimationTimeIndex is 0 at the animator's minimum value and duration at the maximum.
- The typical default setting of AnimationTimeIndex -> Automatic will calculate the appropriate value from the animation.
- While Animator[Dynamic[var],…] is running, changing var outside the animator will have no effect on AnimationTimeIndex.
- AnimationTimeIndex varies continuously, even for discrete animations.
- AnimationDirection has no impact on AnimationTimeIndex.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Interactively changing a paused animator will also change the value of AnimationTimeIndex:
Possible Issues (1)
To change a running animator programmatically, change the value of AnimationTimeIndex, not the animation variable:
Introduced in 2014