is an object that represents a box structure in an open notebook in the front end.
- BoxObject expressions are typically generated using EvaluationBox.
- id is an integer that gives a serial number for the box structure that is unique to this front end session.
- Clicking the StandardForm output of a BoxObject will act as a hyperlink that targets that box structure.
- Some notebook manipulation functions, such as NotebookRead and NotebookDelete, which operate on a notebook's current selection, also support forms using BoxObject.
- Any function that takes a NotebookSelection can also take a BoxObject.
- If the box structure targeted by BoxObject is deleted or if its container notebook is closed, the BoxObject will no longer be valid for use. Functions that attempt to use it will generally return $Failed.
- A BoxObject is permanently invalid after a notebook is closed or the box structure is deleted, even if that notebook is reopened or the box structure is pasted into the notebook again. Any changes that only affect the contents of the box structure without deleting the box structure entirely will leave the BoxObject intact.
Introduced in 2014