deletes the current selection in the notebook corresponding to the specified notebook object.
deletes the given cell or box object.
deletes all specified objects.
deletes the current selection in the current evaluation notebook.
Details and Options
- NotebookDelete can take a NotebookObject, CellObject, or BoxObject.
- Using NotebookDelete on a NotebookObject is equivalent to using the Clear command on that notebook.
- After using NotebookDelete on a NotebookObject, the current selection becomes an insertion point at the position of the deleted material.
- Using NotebookDelete on one or more CellObject expressions will not change the selection unless the selection intersected with one of the specified cells.
- Deleting the selection in a NotebookObject will automatically scroll to the resulting selection unless the option setting AutoScroll->False is given.
Examplesopen allclose all
Wolfram Research (1996), NotebookDelete, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NotebookDelete.html (updated 2012).
Wolfram Language. 1996. "NotebookDelete." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2012. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NotebookDelete.html.
Wolfram Language. (1996). NotebookDelete. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NotebookDelete.html