creates a directory with name dir.
creates a directory in the default area for temporary directories on your computer system.
Details and Options
- If "dir" is a single name, CreateDirectory creates a subdirectory of your current working directory.
- CreateDirectory[File["dir"]] is also supported.
- The directory created by CreateDirectory is initially empty.
- CreateDirectory returns the full name of the directory it creates, and $Failed if it cannot create the directory.
- CreateDirectory has attribute Listable.
- CreateDirectory creates a directory in the directory specified by the current value of $TemporaryDirectory.
- The default setting CreateIntermediateDirectories->True specifies that intermediate directories should be created as needed.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Create a directory specified as a File object:
Introduced in 1991
|Updated in 2016