creates a file with name file.
creates a file in the default area for temporary files on your computer system.
Details and Options
- If "file" has no pathname separators, CreateFile creates a file in your current working directory.
- A relative path is interpreted with respect to the current working directory.
- CreateFile only creates the file; it does not open it.
- The file created can subsequently be opened for reading or writing in binary or text mode.
- CreateFile returns the full name of the file it creates, and $Failed if it cannot create the file.
- CreateFile has attribute Listable.
- CreateFile creates a file in the directory specified by the current value of $TemporaryDirectory.
- The default setting CreateIntermediateDirectories->True specifies that intermediate directories should be created as needed.
- File["path"] may be used to specify a file name.
Introduced in 2016