copies from the local, remote or cloud file file1 to the local, remote or cloud file file2.
Details and Options
- CopyFile takes file specifications in the following forms:
"path" local file given by the specified relative or absolute path File["path"] local file specified by path RemoteFile[url] remote file specified by url URL["url"] web or other URL LocalObject[…] persistent local object CloudObject[…] cloud object
- In CopyFile[src,dest] the source src can be specified by a URL with any of the following schemes:
http: HTTP protocol https: secure HTTP protocol ftp: file transfer protocol sftp: secure file transfer protocol scp: secure copy protocol file: local file
- The destination dest can be specified by a URL with any of the following schemes:
sftp: remote file accessible through the SFTP protocol scp: remote file accessible through the SCP protocol file: local file
- RemoteFile["url",Authentication->auth] can be used to specify authentication information for scp: and sftp: URLs.
- CopyFile sets the modification date for file2 to be the same as for file1.
- CopyFile returns the full name of the file it copies to and $Failed if it cannot copy.
- CopyFile has the following option:
OverwriteTarget False whether to overwrite if the target file already exists
Introduced in 1991Updated in 2019