submits the specified data to be added to the databin bin asynchronously.
- DatabinSubmit is equivalent to an asynchronous DatabinAdd. The data is added to bin as a single entry.
- DatabinSubmit returns a symbolic representation of an asynchronous task.
- In DatabinSubmit[bin,…], bin can be a Databin object or a databin ID.
- The data will typically be an Association of the form <|"param1"->val1,…|> but can be any expression.
- A "Timestamp" element in the association can be used to specify the time stamp for a databin entry.
- For databins with private write permissions, DatabinSubmit requires authentication in the Wolfram Cloud.
- Adding data to Wolfram Data Drop is subject to rate limiting. Repeated DatabinSubmit evaluations are likely to reach rate limits, resulting in rejection of submitted entries. Error messages from rejected submissions typically appear in the window.
Examplesopen allclose all
Create a new Databin:
Add several entries with DatabinSubmit:
After a couple of seconds, retrieve the data. Note that the entries are not necessarily in the same order in which they were submitted:
Properties & Relations (2)
DatabinAdd can be slow for images:
With DatabinSubmit, the time until the databin includes the data is about the same, but a result is given quickly, freeing the kernel for other operations:
Using TaskWait and returning the Databin is essentially equivalent to DatabinAdd:
Create a databin and an image:
While the data is being added asynchronously, the databin information, like the entry count, has not changed:
After the submission is complete, the entry count is updated:
Wolfram Research (2020), DatabinSubmit, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DatabinSubmit.html.
Wolfram Language. 2020. "DatabinSubmit." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DatabinSubmit.html.
Wolfram Language. (2020). DatabinSubmit. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DatabinSubmit.html