represents an axis-aligned ellipsoid centered at the point p and with semiaxes lengths ri.
represents an ellipsoid centered at p and weight matrix Σ.
- Ellipsoid is also known as center interval, ellipse, and hyperellipsoid.
- Ellipsoid can be used as a geometric region and a graphics primitive.
- Ellipsoid represents the axis-aligned filled ellipsoid or general ellipsoid .
- Ellipsoid allows p to be any point in , ri any positive real numbers, and Σ any real symmetric positive definite matrix.
- Ellipsoid can be used in Graphics and Graphics3D.
- In graphics, the points p, pi, and radii ri can be Scaled and Dynamic expressions.
- Graphics rendering is affected by directives such as FaceForm, Specularity, Opacity, and color.
Introduced in 2014