represents an axis-aligned ellipsoid centered at the point p and with semiaxes lengths ri.
represents an ellipsoid centered at p and weight matrix Σ.
- Ellipsoid is also known as center interval, ellipse, and hyperellipsoid.
- Ellipsoid can be used as a geometric region and a graphics primitive.
- Ellipsoid represents the axis-aligned filled ellipsoid or general ellipsoid .
- Ellipsoid allows p to be any point in , ri any positive real numbers, and Σ any real symmetric positive definite matrix.
- Ellipsoid can be used in Graphics and Graphics3D.
- In graphics, the points p, pi, and radii ri can be Scaled and Dynamic expressions.
- Graphics rendering is affected by directives such as FaceForm, Specularity, Opacity, and color.
Examplesopen allclose all
Opacity specifies the face opacity:
Find the mass of methanol in an Ellipsoid:
Find a bounding Ellipsoid to a region's bounding box:
Compute the difference in Volume of the bounding solids:
Properties & Relations (4)
Wolfram Research (2014), Ellipsoid, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Ellipsoid.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "Ellipsoid." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Ellipsoid.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). Ellipsoid. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Ellipsoid.html