returns a subset of properties for a flight or selection of flights with specifications spec.
returns the value of the property prop for specifications spec.
returns the value of the property prop for a specific time or time range datespec.
- FlightData currently provides information on flights within the United States whose flight plans have been filed with the FAA. This includes a limited range of historical flights.
- FlightData provides information on flights from one airport to another airport, even if the aircraft continues on to other airports under a different flight number.
- spec can be a "Flight" entity or list of "Flight" entities, an "Airport" entity, an association with the "FlightNumber" and "Airline" keys or a route specified as a rule.
- "Flight" entities can be found using one of the other spec queries.
- FlightData returns information on all flights in and out of an airport when spec is an "Airport" entity.
- For a route, the first argument of the rule is the departure airport and the second argument is the arrival airport. FlightData will return the results for all flights along that route. All can be substituted for one of the rule arguments to find all flights into or out of the specified airport.
- Arrival and departure properties include:
"ArrivalAirport" destination airport for flight "ArrivalDelay" delay from original arrival time "ArrivalTime" actual arrival time "DepartureAirport" origin airport for flight "DepartureDelay" delay from original departure time "DepartureTime" actual departure time "OriginalArrivalTime" original time of arrival "OriginalDepartureTime" original time of departure
- Flight status properties include:
"FlightDuration" duration of flight "FlightStatus" status of flight "LandedQ" whether or not the plane has landed "TimeSinceTakeOff" time in flight since takeoff "TimeToLanding" time until landing
- Time-independent flight properties include:
"AircraftType" aircraft used by flight "Airline" airline for flight "FlightNumber" flight number "Flights" "Flight" entities for spec "FutureFlights" flights in next 10 days for this plane or flight number "PreviousFlights" flights in previous 10 days for this plane or flight number
- Time series–based properties include:
"Altitude" altitude of plane relative to mean sea level "DirectionHeading" direction of plane relative to true north "FlightMap" GeoGraphics map of flight "FlightPath" flight path "Position" geoposition of plane "RateOfClimb" rate of climb "Speed" speed of plane
- Aggregate time-dependent properties include:
"DistanceTraveled" distance traveled "MaxAltitude" maximum altitude "MaxSpeed" maximum speed "MeanCruisingSpeed" mean speed, excluding takeoff or landing "MeanSpeed" average speed
- By default, FlightData of a "Flight" entity returns an association of the "Airline", "ArrivalAirport", "ArrivalDelay", "ArrivalTime", "DepartureAirport", "DepartureDelay", "DepartureTime", "DistanceTraveled", "FlightDuration", "FlightNumber", "FlightPath", "FlightStatus", "OriginalArrivalTime" and "OriginalDepartureTime" properties.
- FlightData of a route, airport or an association of an airline and flight number will return the "Flights" property by default.
- prop can also be specified as "PropertyAssociation" or "Dataset", which return an Association of all properties and a Dataset of those properties, respectively. Lists of properties are also supported.
- "ArrivalTime", "DepartureTime", "OriginalArrivalTime" and "OriginalDepartureTime" are returned in local time.
- Time series results are returned in the time zone of the departure airport.
- When possible, time series results include the arrival and departure times and values as interpreted from other properties.
- datespec can be a single date, specified as a date list or DateObject, or a list of two such dates, defining a period of time. For single times, results are calculated for that specific time. For date ranges, results include TimeSeries where relevant (such as "Altitude" or "Speed") or are calculated over that range (such "MaxSpeed" or "FlightMap").
- When no datespec is specified for a flight, FlightData returns results for the current local time as defined by Now. When dealing with routes and airports, results reflect flights within the current day. When possible, that day is defined in the time zone of the departure airport from midnight to the following midnight.
- FlightData[spec,prop,airline,datespec] can be used to filter results for a route by the specified airline. The airline argument is ignored in the case of single flights.
- The option UnitSystem is available for controlling the units of the results. The following settings can be used:
"Imperial" return results in imperial units "Metric" return results in metric units
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Properties & Relations (1)
FlightsOverhead finds flights currently overhead and provides visualizations:
Possible Issues (2)
Neat Examples (3)
Wolfram Research (13), FlightData, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FlightData.html.
Wolfram Language. 13. "FlightData." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FlightData.html.
Wolfram Language. (13). FlightData. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FlightData.html