gives an iconized form that can be used to stand in for expr in notebook input.
displays with the specified name in the icon.
Details and Options
- The formatted output of Iconize[expr] will evaluate to expr when it is supplied as input.
- It is common to evaluate Iconize[expr] using Evaluate in Place.
- On many platforms, an expression selected in a notebook can be iconized using the Iconize menu item in the context menu for the selection.
- An iconized form can be converted to standard form using Convert to StandardForm.
- With the default setting Method->Automatic, the expression is written as is into the notebook.
- With the settings Method->Compress and Method->BinarySerialize, the respective functions are used to compress the expression prior to writing it into the notebook.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (2)
Properties & Relations (3)
Possible Issues (2)
Introduced in 2018