prints as a short form of expr, less than about one line long.
prints as a form of expr about n lines long.
- Short[expr] gives a "skeleton form" of expr, with omitted sequences of k elements indicated by k.
- In StandardForm, the characters used for this output are \[LeftSkeleton] and .
- Omitted sequences of elements are printed as Skeleton objects.
- Short prints long strings in skeleton form.
- The number of lines specified need not be an integer.
- Short can be used with InputForm and other formats as well as OutputForm.
- Short acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
- Trying to feed k as obtained from Short back as input to the Wolfram Language in StandardForm will generate an error.
- Short is used to limit the length of output in standard Wolfram Language warning and other messages.
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996