gives the logistic sigmoid function.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numeric manipulation.
- In TraditionalForm, the logistic sigmoid function is sometimes denoted as .
- The logistic function is a solution to the differential equation .
- LogisticSigmoid[z] has no branch cut discontinuities.
- LogisticSigmoid can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- LogisticSigmoid automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (5)
Numerical Evaluation (5)
LogisticSigmoid threads elementwise over lists and matrices:
Specific Values (4)
Plot the LogisticSigmoid[x] function:
Function Properties (4)
Compute the indefinite integral using Integrate:
Series Expansions (3)
Wolfram Research (2014), LogisticSigmoid, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/LogisticSigmoid.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "LogisticSigmoid." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/LogisticSigmoid.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). LogisticSigmoid. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/LogisticSigmoid.html