- On desktop systems, SendMail requires certain user mail settings. These can be defined through Preferences ▶ Internet & Mail ▶ Mail Settings in the notebook front end or by using SetOptions[SendMail,MailSettings]. SendMail will attempt to send email via the Wolfram Cloud if these settings have not been provided.
- MailSettings is an association with the following keys:
"AutoBcc" None automatic hidden recipients "AutoCc" None automatic secondary recipients "EncryptionProtocol" None email encryption protocol "FromAddress" Automatic sender's email address "FromName" None sender's full name "Password" Automatic user password "PortNumber" Automatic server port number or numbers "ReplyTo" None suggested address for replies "Server" Automatic server host name or IP address "IncomingMailServer" None incoming mail server settings "ServerAuthentication" Automatic whether and how to verify server certificates "Signature" None text to be appended at the end of email body "Username" $Username user login name "MailFolderName" "INBOX" default mail folder for mail server connection
- Possible settings for "EncryptionProtocol" include "SSL", "StartTLS", "TLS", and None.
- "Password" is typically set to None if no password authentication is required, or to Automatic if the password is to be entered in an interactive dialog. The password can also be given as a plain text string.
- Email credentials can be optionally stored via the "Password" interactive dialog. The credentials are encrypted using keys stored on your computer's hard drive. The encrypted credentials will be transmitted to the Wolfram Cloud and may only be accessed after you have authenticated using your Wolfram ID.
Wolfram Research (2017), MailSettings, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MailSettings.html (updated 2018).
Wolfram Language. 2017. "MailSettings." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2018. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MailSettings.html.
Wolfram Language. (2017). MailSettings. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MailSettings.html