sets the specified default options for a symbol s.
- SetOptions is equivalent to an assignment that redefines certain elements of the list Options[s] of default options.
- SetOptions can be used on Protected symbols.
- SetOptions returns the new form of Options[s].
- You can use SetOptions on InputStream and OutputStream objects. If there is only one stream with a particular name, you can give the name as a string as the argument of Options.
- SetOptions can be used on a list of streams, such as the value of $Output.
- If object refers to a front end object such as $FrontEnd, NotebookObject, or CellObject, the kernel will send a request to the front end that will immediately make the change specified.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (2)
Reset the default precision for HilbertMatrix:
Now HilbertMatrix uses machine numbers by default:
Possible Issues (1)
Introduced in 1988Updated in 2012