gives the list of default options assigned to a symbol.
gives the options explicitly specified in a particular expression such as a graphics object.
gives the setting for the option name.
gives a list of the settings for the options namei.
- Many built‐in functions allow you to give additional arguments that specify options with rules of the form name->value.
- Options[f] gives the list of rules to be used for the options associated with a function f if no explicit rules are given when the function is called.
- Options always returns a list of transformation rules for option names.
- You can assign a value to Options[symbol] to redefine all the default option settings for a function.
- SetOptions[symbol,name->value] can be used to specify individual default options.
- You can use Options on InputStream and OutputStream objects. If there is only one stream with a particular name, you can give the name as a string as the argument of Options.
- If obj is a front end object such as $FrontEnd, NotebookObject, or CellObject, the kernel will send a request to the front end to find the result.
- Explicit values are found for options associated with cells, even if these options are only set at the style, notebook, or global level.